VOLUNTEER groups on the Granite Belt are set to receive their share of $97,000 allocated to Southern Downs volunteer organisations.
Federal Member for Maranoa Bruce Scott said Granite Belt groups would make up 12 of the 27 to share the funding that came from the latest round of the Federal Government's Volunteer Grants Program.
"I have strongly advocated for more volunteer funding and support in the Southern Downs," Mr Scott said.
"The grants program will assist volunteer organisations to purchase equipment, support training and pay fuel bills for transport cost.
"These volunteer organisations play an imperative role within our community and I congratulate all volunteer groups for the contribution.
"Rural and regional parts of the electorate rely on volunteers to give their time, expertise and resources to help others in the community."
Successful grant applicants:
- Granite Borders Landcare Committee - $2000
- GraniteNet - $2860
- Southern Downs Rifle Club - $2420
- Stanthorpe Downs Rifle Club - $2420
- Stanthorpe Agricultural Society - $5000
- Stanthorpe and District Cricket Association - $4989
- Stanthorpe Junior Rugby League - $4980
- Stanthorpe Netball Association - $4800
- Stanthorpe Sports Association - $4995
- Stanthorpe State School P&C - $1650
- YMCA Stanthorpe Badminton Club - $4203
- YMCA Stanthorpe Granite Belt Culture Club - $4146
If your club or volunteer organisation has a story to tell let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.