Two dead from heater fumes in Sydney cabin

TWO people have been killed from what police suspect were fumes from a woodchip heater at a property in Kurrajong in Sydney's north-west.

Police said the deaths happened early on Monday morning in a makeshift cabin on Browns Road in Kurrajong, near the Blue Mountains.

The area is semi-rural, with several holiday homes in the region.

The Rural Fire Service said it was believed the couple had the heater in the cabin when they were overcome by the fumes.

Police are investigating.

Read more at ABC News

 

 


RIPPED OFF: Teen internet scammer fronts court

Premium Content RIPPED OFF: Teen internet scammer fronts court

The Warwick court heard claims the ‘vulnerable and naive’ 19yo was ‘lured into the...

Rural residents urged to up security amid theft wave

Premium Content Rural residents urged to up security amid theft wave

Police have warned Southern Downs rural property owners to tighten their security...

48k jobs up for grabs: Qld’s employment boom

Premium Content 48k jobs up for grabs: Qld’s employment boom

Record job vacancies as bosses struggle to find workers