Toowoomba man fighting for life after kitchen fire

BREAKING: A Toowoomba man is fighting for life in a Brisbane hospital after a fire at a Rangeville home yesterday.

Emergency services were called to the Perth St home about 4.20pm Sunday after a fire broke out in the kitchen area.

It's believed woodchips in an electric oven caught alight, engulfing the home in smoke and causing a pot to catch alight.

The man and another occupant of the home extinguished the fire before Queensland Fire and Emergency Services arrived on scene.

Paramedics treated the two occupants at the scene for smoke inhalation before the man in his 50s was rushed to Toowoomba Hospital in a critical condition.

Police said the man was later airlifted to a Brisbane hospital where he remains on life support in a medically induced coma.

The fire is not being treated as suspicious.


Queen's sorrow as PM sums up sadness

Premium Content Queen's sorrow as PM sums up sadness

Scott Morrison speaks to the Queen on Prince Philip's passing

Granite Belt growers score big in industry-first incentive

Premium Content Granite Belt growers score big in industry-first incentive

Producers pin hopes for desperately needed seasonal workers on innovative $100K...

Millions invested in drought-research hubs to grow farm jobs

Premium Content Millions invested in drought-research hubs to grow farm jobs

Millions of dollars are being invested in a drought research hub at the University...