A car lets off a bit of steam after ploughing into a residence’s garden in Fitzroy Street at midnight on Wednesday. The car brought down a large piece of the resident's fence.
A car lets off a bit of steam after ploughing into a residence’s garden in Fitzroy Street at midnight on Wednesday. The car brought down a large piece of the resident's fence. Liam Fahey

Stolen car misses fast food drive-in but demolishes fence

THE driver of a stolen car clearly had no intention of ordering fries and a big Mac when he crashed near the McDonalds drive-thru.

A Rockhampton photographer yesterday snapped a stolen car that veered off Fitzroy St, ploughed into a fence and dug up plants in a resident's front yard, just metres from the south Rockhampton McDonalds drive-thru.

The car veered off the road just after midnight.

The Murray St resident heard a ghastly thud come from just around the corner from his house.

When he left his house, with his camera, to see what the commotion was, he saw two men running fast from the scene.

He told The Bulletin the way the men were running gave him the impression they were either drunk or had stolen the car.

The car had left the road, ploughed into a fence and uprooted part of the resident's front garden.

When emergency service crews arrived, the car lights were still on and smoke was coming from the back of the vehicle.

A Rockhampton police spokesman yesterday said the car had been stolen.

Further details were limited.

It is believed the offenders are still on the run.

If you have any information about the crash, contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.


How Queenslanders left their Govt for dead in COVID recovery

Premium Content How Queenslanders left their Govt for dead in COVID recovery

Qld took more out of super than state spent on COVID recovery

Too far gone: Opposition says Premier can no longer hide

Premium Content Too far gone: Opposition says Premier can no longer hide

Annastacia Palaszczuk can no longer hide from email scandal: LNP

NAMED: 21yo accused of stabbing attack on two men

Premium Content NAMED: 21yo accused of stabbing attack on two men

The man will remain in police custody after being charged with one pcount of...