Emergency Services arrived quickly on the scene after reports of a shed fire on Pioneers Parade. Photo: Alex Nolan / Stanthorpe Border Post
Emergency Services arrived quickly on the scene after reports of a shed fire on Pioneers Parade. Photo: Alex Nolan / Stanthorpe Border Post Alex Nolan

Solar panels catch on fire

EMERGENCY services were called to a shed fire at a property on Pioneers Parade at approximately 10am yesterday.

Upon arrival it was discovered the adjoining shed's solar panels had caught alight.

The owners, who say the panels were checked by an electrician only a month ago, reported smelling smoke before noticing their roof was on fire.

"I thought it was the neighbour's mower," one of the owners said.

Fire Station Officer Dennis Burton, on call from Warwick, said QFES had the situation under control quickly.

"The fire appears to have been sparked by an isolation switch coming from the solar panels," he said.

"Ergon Energy were in attendance to assist and an electrician was called to check the system with DC Volt meters, to ascertain whether the panels were safe."

Police and ambulance officers attended the scene and remained on site until everyone was deemed to be safe.

Stanthorpe Border Post

SCORCHER: Granite Belt braces for blistering heatwave

Premium Content SCORCHER: Granite Belt braces for blistering heatwave

Summer is hitting Stanthorpe with a bang, with the mercury set to spike to almost...

Everybody appearing at Stanthorpe Magistrates Court today

Premium Content Everybody appearing at Stanthorpe Magistrates Court today

Here is a list of matters listed at Stanthorpe Magistrates Court on Friday.

Qld economy lags but jobs bounce back

Premium Content Qld economy lags but jobs bounce back

Shut state trails all but locked-down Victoria in pandemic recovery