Remains of our MH17 passengers home soon

ALL of the 38 Australian victims who died when Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 was downed in eastern Ukraine have been formally identified, Dutch authorities have confirmed.

The Federal Government said Operation Bring Them Home would conclude in the coming weeks when the remains of the victims were returned to their families.

A joint statement from Prime Minister Tony Abbott and Foreign Affairs Minister Julie Bishop said the Government's determination to bring the perpetrators to justice was undiminished.

"The successful recovery, identification and repatriation of the victims has been a painstaking and meticulous process," the statement said.

"It has been a tremendously difficult period for the families and for all Australians."

Dutch authorities say a total of 292 victims on board flight MH17 had been positively identified. The Malaysia Airlines plane was downed on July 17, killing all 298 people on board. More than two-thirds of those on board were Dutch.

Investigators believe the plane was likely shot down by a ground-to-air missile but are open to Moscow's theory that it was shot down from the air.

- www.abc.net.au


SENTENCED: Stanthorpe court wrap

Premium Content SENTENCED: Stanthorpe court wrap

The list of people dealt with in the Magistrates Court this week.

TOP 5: Stanthorpe’s most affordable rentals

Premium Content TOP 5: Stanthorpe’s most affordable rentals

For under $340 a week, there’s a rental waiting to be snapped up around town.

MOTEL HALTED: Approved High St plans grounded

Premium Content MOTEL HALTED: Approved High St plans grounded

The property of a planned 16-room motel has been put on the market despite the...