Poison warning for parents after 2500 kids hospitalised

PARENTS are being urged to keep poisons and cleaning goods out of the reach of their children, after a report showed nearly 2500 children were hospitalised last year after poisonings.

The annual report on poisonings from the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission showed about 180,000 calls were made last year to the national Poisons Information Centre network.

It found the injuries children sustained from poisonous products ranged from skin irritations to eye damage, to severe internal burns from ingested toxic products.

Among the items the ACCC has urged parents keep out of reach of children were cleaning goods, pesticides and insect sprays, pool chemicals and household bleaches and herbicides.


Man allegedly fires gun during dispute with neighbour

Premium Content Man allegedly fires gun during dispute with neighbour

A 41yo man has been arrested over the alleged violence on a property outside...

Parolee drives car at crowd, threatens to ‘shank’ witnesses

Premium Content Parolee drives car at crowd, threatens to ‘shank’ witnesses

The former Stanthorpe man instigated the tense confrontation after bad blood...

FIRST FROST: Cold snap sweeps across Southern Downs

Premium Content FIRST FROST: Cold snap sweeps across Southern Downs

1.1C AND LOWER: Residents shivered through plunging temperatures on coldest morning...