Pair die from heater fumes in campsite cabin

A SYDNEY couple has died from what police suspect were fumes from a woodchip heater at a property in the New South Wales Blue Mountains.

Emergency services were called to a campsite cabin on Browns Rd at Kurrajong on Monday just before 8.30am where they discovered the bodies of a man and a woman.

The couple are believed to be in their 30s.

Initial reports suggested there was no ventilation in the cabin and a type of fuel, possibly charcoal or woodchips, was still burning inside at the time.

Authorities are understood to be investigating whether the pair may have died from carbon monoxide poisoning.

- APN NEWSDESK.


GALLERY: 2021 Killarney Lions’ Australia Day Breakfast

Premium Content GALLERY: 2021 Killarney Lions’ Australia Day Breakfast

Community members, local representatives and more turned out in force for the...

TRI TIME: Community spirit on show at annual Aus Day race

Premium Content TRI TIME: Community spirit on show at annual Aus Day race

Young gun goes above and beyond at the Stanthorpe 2021 triathlon when his dad...

Man abuses, threatens ex after being dumped at Christmas

Premium Content Man abuses, threatens ex after being dumped at Christmas

The Southern Downs man was outraged at being dumped just hours after giving his...