Man injured in house fire after barbecue explosion

A MAN was taken to the Toowoomba Hospital with serious burns to his arms and throat after a barbecue exploded in a home at Wilsonton last night. 

Emergency services said the fire started at midnight at a residence in Barlow St, Wilsonton, after a barbeque exploded. 

The two-storey house was well involved when crews arrived on scene. 

All persons were accounted for and only the top floor was damaged. 

The fire is still under investigation. 


What got our Olympic bid over the line

Premium Content What got our Olympic bid over the line

What got our 2032 Olympic Games bid over the line

Popular markets on the move after six years

Premium Content Popular markets on the move after six years

Produce market seeks out bigger, undercover spot due to Covid ‘buy local’ growth.

Brisbane preferred candidate to host 2032 Olympics

Premium Content Brisbane preferred candidate to host 2032 Olympics

Olympics 2032: Brisbane gets IOC green light to go for Olympic gold