‘Petrol on flame’ leads to serious burns

A MAN is in hospital after sustaining serious burns at a residence at Bli Bli, north of Mooloolaba.

The man was believed to have received the injuries after throwing petrol on an open flame.

Paramedics were called to a private residence about 3.20pm and took the 37-year-old under lights and sirens to Sunshine Coast University Hospital.

A Queensland Ambulance Service spokesman said the man was in a serious condition.


Dalveen students ready to succeed

Dalveen students ready to succeed

Dalveen state school's vision for the year

From the manager's desk: Thank you for keeping us safe

From the manager's desk: Thank you for keeping us safe

THE past 10 days have been some of the most harrowing of my life

DAY 10: Worst of the Girraween fire behind us

DAY 10: Worst of the Girraween fire behind us

Fire operations to be returned to local crews