HALLE Berry is reportedly set to apply for a longer restraining order against Gabriel Aubry.
The 'Cloud Atlas' star was granted an emergency temporary protection order until Tuesday (27.11.12) against her ex-boyfriend - with whom she shares four-year-old daughter Nahla - after he got into a violent bust-up with her fiance Olivier Martinez at her home on Thursday (22.11.12).
And sources close to the Oscar winning beauty said she plans to have the order extended as soon as possible because she and her lawyers are alarmed that the Canadian model started the fight in front of their daughter.
Insiders told gossip website TMZ.com that the actress's legal team will appear in court early next week to extend the protection order for an indefinite period and will reportedly argue that it is too risky for Gabriel to be around his daughter because he can't control himself.
Halle has previously argued that the model had a difficult time controlling his temper, and allegedly is confident this will help strengthen her case.
Gabriel has been ordered to stay 100 yards away from Halle, their daughter and Olivier until Tuesday after he was charged with battery and brought to hospital to be treated for a broken rib, facial contusions and a possible head injury.
The fight reportedly occurred when Gabriel was dropping his and Nahla back to her mother's house on Thursday morning and Olivier tried to speak to him about the ongoing custody dispute between him and Halle.
After Olivier said to Gabriel "We have to move on," the model is said to have pushed the French actor and tried to punch him in the face but Olivier blocked it and then a full-blown fight broke out.
Gabriel and Halle - who split in 2010 - have been at odds ever since she tried to convince a judge to allow her to move to France with Nahla, a move that was recently blocked by the courts.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.