3.20pm: AUTHORITIES have confirmed that a house fire at 5am in Glenmore Rd today was preceded by a small fire at 1.30am at the same property.

A police media spokesman said authorities attended the same Glenmore Rd property earlier that morning for reports of a small fire that was ignited by a candle.

The residents were home at that time.

The spokesman said however, when the second fire flared up just before 5am no one was home.

No one was injured in the fire.

Investigations are continuing.

6am: JUST days after it survived Cyclone Marcia, a North Rockhampton home has been gutted by a fire early this morning.

Fire fighters arrived at the scene of the blaze in Glenmore Road at 5am  to find the high set house well involved with flame.

They extinguished the fire and are still putting out hot spots as smoke pours out of the upper section of the house.

No one was believed to be home at the time. No injuries reported.

More to follow including video with neighbour who raised the alarm and was first on scene.

 

 


WASTE NOT: SDRC blows budget on sewer upgrades

Premium Content WASTE NOT: SDRC blows budget on sewer upgrades

The almost $500K project is just part of the council’s near $1 million investment...

Welcome deluge: Over 80mm hits parts of region

Premium Content Welcome deluge: Over 80mm hits parts of region

The rain for many Southern Downs resident has meant overflowing tanks and the...

Vintage cottage and green focus to set new B&B apart

Premium Content Vintage cottage and green focus to set new B&B apart

Owners of the Southern Downs development want to draw visitors to the region with...