Duchess Catherine to have champagne in birth suite

Prince William and Duchess Catherine
Prince William and Duchess Catherine Bang Showbiz

DUCHESS Catherine's plush delivery suite will contain champagne, luxury toiletries and a reclining chair.

The Duchess of Cambridge is due to give birth to her first child with Prince William on Saturday (13.07.13), and she will welcome the baby into the world at the Lindo Wing which is attached to St. Mary's Hospital in Paddington, London.

Gynaecologists, paediatricians, midwives, nurses, breast-feeding consultants and nursery nurses will all be at hand.

If anything goes wrong Catherine can be rushed to next door to St. Mary's Hospital.

The suite boasts satellite TV, wi-fi, radio and a safe, and a fresh bouquet of flowers will be delivered every day and is fitted with blackout curtains to guarantee total privacy.

When the baby is born, top chefs will be on hand to prepare a meal for Catherine - known ads Kate Middleton before she married into the British royal family - and William.

Princess Diana gave birth to both Prince William in 1982 and his brother Prince Harry in 1984 at the Lindo Wing.

The newborn will spend the first six weeks of his or her life with Catherine at her parents Carole and Michael Middleton's £4.85 million Georgian manor in Berkshire, South East England.

The duchess - whose sister is Pippa Middleton - has previously said she will feel "safest and most secure" at her parents' abode. 

>>More Celebrity News


IN TOUCH: Rural residents given new voice

Premium Content IN TOUCH: Rural residents given new voice

Potential library relocation, new waste management plan, and more are on the cards...

Dad inspired to dig deep by own son’s health battle

Premium Content Dad inspired to dig deep by own son’s health battle

‘It’s one of those things you don’t need until you do and my God, you really...

Fatal levels of nicotine in Queensland vapes

Premium Content Fatal levels of nicotine in Queensland vapes

Poisons lines inundated with calls about nicotine poisoning from vapers