Dead rat may have caused Bilo kitchen fire

UPDATE (2.51PM): A QAS spokeswoman said no patients required transport to Biloela Hospital and no fire was reported at the residence. 

A QFES spokesman said there were unconfirmed reports the smoke may have been caused by a rat that was caught in the appliance. 

ORIGINAL (2.35PM): FIRE and emergency services are currently on scene at a kitchen fire in Biloela.

Crews were called to Biloela-Callide Road about 2.30pm.

It is believed the fire was caused by smoke coming from a kitchen stove.

More to come.


BIG RAINS: La Niña to revive Stanthorpe after dry spring

Premium Content BIG RAINS: La Niña to revive Stanthorpe after dry spring

Heightened storm activity and heavy rainfalls predicted after unusually hot and dry...

Severe storm warning issued for Warwick, Stanthorpe

Premium Content Severe storm warning issued for Warwick, Stanthorpe

Southern Downs residents are being urged to stay alert as thunderstorms develop.