Couple forced to flee home after explosion
AN AVENELL Heights couple have been forced out of their home after an explosion rocked the house, ripping off cupboard doors and destroying walls.
Gary Collins said was inside his Lovejoy St home at about 5.45pm Sunday when the whole house shook.
"Our bathroom exploded," he said.
"I was inside watching TV with the dog
"It was just a big noise; it shook everything inside the house."
Queensland Fire and Emergency Service's Darren Kelly said firefighters wearing breathing apparatus entered the home.
"Two rooms were structurally damaged caused possibly from faulty wiring and also the combination of an insect bomb and the live flame from the gas," he said.
"The walls have definitely been moved.
"We took in gas detector and heat sensor...we did notice a lot of damage inside.
"The owners are very lucky to get out of it the way they did."