Jordyn Hodgen, Tyla Ammenhauser, Nick Newley, Kobi Clarkson, Cooper Newley (front), Kaleb Ammenhauser and Bradley Moorish.
Jordyn Hodgen, Tyla Ammenhauser, Nick Newley, Kobi Clarkson, Cooper Newley (front), Kaleb Ammenhauser and Bradley Moorish. Shannon Newley

Club gives Tyla tech support

IT WAS all smiles when Tyla Ammenhauser was finally reunited with his footy mates on Friday night.

The nine-year-old was injured on New Year's Day when he fell through a glass door and received cuts to both arms - including to an artery in his left arm.

After a stint at the Mater Hospital in Brisbane, the Ammenhauser family was glad to be home in Warwick on Friday night - just in time for the Eastern Suburbs Junior Rugby League Club fundraiser to raise money to purchase Tyla an iPad with voice activation to help him with his schoolwork.

Tyla's dad David said the support from the community and the football club had been "awesome".

"It's unreal. We are so thankful," he said.

Tyla has had three operations - including a skin graft. While he was still sporting splints and bandages on both his arms, he was all smiles as he caught up with his mates.

Eastern Suburbs president Gary McEwan said it was great everyone from the club was trying to help out so Tyla would have the $1400 piece of technology when school returned.

"We'll just do as much as we can to alleviate the pressure on the family," he said,

And while Tyla's road to recovery has only just begun, the sheer joy he felt at returning home to his footy mates was obvious.


IN TOUCH: Rural residents given new voice

Premium Content IN TOUCH: Rural residents given new voice

Potential library relocation, new waste management plan, and more are on the cards...

Dad inspired to dig deep by own son’s health battle

Premium Content Dad inspired to dig deep by own son’s health battle

‘It’s one of those things you don’t need until you do and my God, you really...

Fatal levels of nicotine in Queensland vapes

Premium Content Fatal levels of nicotine in Queensland vapes

Poisons lines inundated with calls about nicotine poisoning from vapers