Banned driver at it again
A MAN whose terrible traffic history saw him subject to a driving ban that spans three and a half decades has yet again been caught behind the wheel and intoxicated.
Michael Raymond Ross was banned from driving for a 35-year period in New South Wales, with the suspension put in place from 2001 to 2036.
The Warwick Magistrates Court this week heard the 57-year-old had a history of drink-driving convictions, the most recent of which was in 2007.
Police intercepted Ross driving a white Ford Falcon on Locke St in the early hours of January 21 after reports of a disturbance in the area.
The court heard the father of two and his partner got into an altercation with neighbours as they walked home from a party earlier that night.
Defence solicitor Daniel Habermann told the court his client was quite upset about the dispute and decided to go for a drive to cool down.
When police intercepted Ross they discovered he was on the lengthy suspension and a breathalyser test returned a blood-alcohol reading of 0.158.
Mr Habermann told the court his client said he was unaware at the time of the incident that license suspensions transcended state borders.
Ross's partner appeared in court on the same day over an incident that same night.
The woman collected the vehicle and drove it home herself before being caught drink-driving by police.
As police tried to arrest the woman she became violent and aggressive and bit one of the officers.
Ross - who pleaded guilty to drink-driving and unlicensed driving - was fined $1200 and disqualified for two years and nine months.