Rocky woman went in for tummy tuck, came out with face lift
A ROCKHAMPTON woman who claims she went into a Brisbane hospital for a tummy tuck and came out with a face lift has had her appeal dismissed.
The woman made the appeal in November last year after her first attempt to sue the doctor who performed the cosmetic surgery was thrown out of court.
According to the judgment, which was released by the Court of Appeal on Friday, the woman stated she went into a private hospital in August 2008 for abdominal hernia repair surgery and a tummy tuck.
The woman said she had already paid for both surgeries. But one hour before she was due to go into the operating room the doctor refused to do the hernia repair, saying it could be life-threatening, according to the woman.
The woman said he offered to perform a full cosmetic face lift and plastic surgery to her eyelids instead.
She agreed to the change in operations.
But almost four years later, in June 2012, the woman decided to take legal action against the doctor, claiming he acted fraudulently.
One of the reasons the Court of Appeal judges dismissed her appeal was because she took too long to take court action. As her court claims were for personal injury for negligence and breach of duty the woman only had three years to take legal action.
The judges also ordered the woman to pay for the doctor's legal costs.