A DIRT road joy ride had a not-so-happy ending when Vito Sebastian Morello was stopped in his tracks by an angry resident.
The 24-year-old father of one appeared in the Stanthorpe Magistrates Court last week on four charges related to the September 16 incident at Mt Tully.
Morello pleaded guilty to making unnecessary noise and smoke while driving a car, driving without a licence, common assault and damaging a mobile phone.
Police prosecutor Sergeant Ken Wiggan said these charges were the latest of a long history dating back to 2006.
"At 1pm (a woman) was at home when she could hear the roaring of an engine and saw dust coming from the road," he said.
"She took a photo of the Commodore on her phone.
"The defendant then approached her and displayed aggression towards her.
"He ripped the mobile from her hands and threw it on the ground."
Sgt Wiggan said the new offences were a breach of Morello's probation from his last court appearance in June for public nuisance and assault.
Magistrate Roger Stark said Morello's crime and traffic history was not something to be proud of.
"It obviously indicates you have problems and need to do something about them," he said.
"You are knocking on the door of jail, particularly for your violent behaviour."
Morello was fined $600 for his traffic offences and disqualified from holding a licence for two months.
He was also issued with 80 hours of community service and made to pay $857.08 for the replacement of the mobile phone.
Morello also was fined $100 for breaching probation.